To promote exchanges and positive collaboration, the International Public Policy Association is building partnership with other Associations related to the same field fo activities :
APSA, The American Political Science Association, has just joined our network.
For more information : http://www.apsanet.org/
IPSA, The International Political Science Association, has been partner of IPPA since the first International Public Policy Conference, in Grenoble.
Founded by UNESCO in 1949, IPSA is an international scholarly organisation aimed at the promotion and the advancement of political science throughout the world. The mandate of IPSA is to support the development of political science in all parts of the world, building academic networks linking East and West, North and South. Its aim is to create an inclusive and global political science community in which all can participate. It seeks to promote collaboration between scholars in emerging and established democracies and to support the academic freedoms needed for the social sciences to flourish. IPSA takes great pride in supporting the International Public Policy Association (IPPA) and its flagship event, the International Conference on Public Policy (ICPP). IPSA is proud that IPPA was created as a corollary of the successful 2013 ICPP organized by members of six (6) IPSA’s Research committees and other entities associated to collective membership of IPSA, which are:
• IPSA RC05 - Comparative Studies on Local Government and Politics
• IPSA RC19 - Gender Politics and Policy
• IPSA RC25 - Comparative Health Policy
• IPSA RC30 - Comparative Public Policy
• IPSA RC32 - Public Policy and Administration
• IPSA RC38 - Business and Politics
• Standing Group 39 on Theoretical Perspectives in Policy Analysis of the European Consortium for Political Research (ECPR)
• Russian Political Studies Association (PSA)
• Public Policy Section of the American Political Science Association (APSA)
• French Political Science Association (AFSP)
Public policy is more than ever relevant to societies around the world as we look for answers to problems that cannot be solved outside the public realm of decision making. IPSA supports IPPA’s initiatives as a welcome development of this integral and important field of the discipline of political science.
As such, IPPA can count on the continuous support and collaboration of IPSA, not only for the conference, but also to promote the work of practitioners of the field of public policy which is a fundamental part of IPSA’s mission.